AASI GENERAL ASSEMBLY 2017
- September 30, 2017
- Posted by: Association of African Students in India
- Category: News
The AASI 4th General Assembly will be seeking to adopt a new legislative agenda, announce a date to elect new Board of trustees and Executive Committee and introduce a new set of bylaws and constitution for AASI.
What you can expect from the GA is to:
– PARTICIPATE: The GA is an opportunity for all students to participate in the politics of their student association and pass motions
– NETWORK with other involved and dedicated students.
– LEGISLATE: Legally, the GA is an opportunity for students to vote and pass legislation if they have quorum and a majority.
– LEARN: review what the executive has done over the year. If you are interested in running in the AASI elections later in the year, we strongly advise you to attend to learn more about the positions and the continuity of our work next year.
If anyone has a particular issue that they wish to have added to the agenda, please message email@example.com. You can also add points to the agenda as a motion at the beginning of the Assembly.
1. Approval of the Agenda
2. Summary of Executive Reports
3. Constitution & Bye-Laws
4. Upcoming Elections 2017
5. Ensuring Active country wise representation
6. Strategies to reposition Africa Image
7. Collaboration with FRRO Students Orientation/Re-orientation
Notes regarding the Agenda Point 3: Constitution & Bye-Laws
After receiving series of complains and petitions by African students across India for the past one year expressing their grievances on the non-democratic process adopted by the AASI over the years, which has as a result disenfranchised them from exercising their legitimate rights to actively take part in the affairs of the association, it is however, very pertinent to at this point to call for this General Assembly let’s all come together to create a framework that will be open to all and all inclusive gender wise and country wise. So in order for us to achieve this together come and voice out your opinions, questions and concerns.
See you all there as we look forward building a strong, meaningful student Association together!